Vista laptop can't see XP network printer

cyberphobic 13:45 04 Mar 2007

I have a part wired/part wireless network with a network printer attached to one of the desktops which all the machines on the network (2 desktops and 3 laptops)can print to. All machines are on Windows XP Pro. I have recently loaded Vista Ultimate on to my laptop and everything works fine apart from the fact that I can't now get the machine to "add" the network printer or see it at all. I have tried various solutions to this problem but had no success. I 've changed the workgroup from WORKGROUP to MSHOME AND, disabled the firewall, and also enabled the Guest account but still no joy, does anyone have any suggestions please? (Have tried posting this on the Vista forum, but it seems a bit quiet over there!)

STREETWORK 22:04 04 Mar 2007

1. Make sure that the printer is set up for sharing (control panel, printers and faxes, right click the printer and select the sharing tab. Then make sure its set up for sharing)

2. On the other PC again go into control panel, printers and faxes, here you select the 'Add Printer' option on the left of the screen.

3. follow the setup screens and make sure that you select 'a printer connected to another PC'.

4. When finished windows will install the printer

Post Back if not working...

moorie- 22:17 04 Mar 2007

ive replied in the helproom section

cyberphobic 10:16 10 Mar 2007

Please see solution posted in Helproom

Ruddigore 10:41 11 Mar 2007

Interested in the solution but I cannot find where it is posted in Helproom

moorie- 19:04 11 Mar 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017