Vista laptop with 2 partitions, cannot extend C?

theDarkness 01:22 08 Mar 2010

On my MSI laptop, I split the hard drive into 2, but I have run out of space on the C partition (1 gig left). D has over 65 gig left, so I am wondering if I will need any extra software to grab space from D and move it to C. Whats the easiest tool to do it? I have tried Vistas built in tool, but it doesnt seem to let me change the space on C since its in use? thanks for any help

canarieslover 08:16 08 Mar 2010

As you say that the D: drive does not have much on it I would suggest that you MOVE your Document files to your D: drive. Instructions are here. click here
This will re-direct all your data saves to this drive as programs pick up the new location. DO NOT 'Cut and Paste' as that does not re-direct data saves. Your Documents icons will remain on the desktop but these are only shortcuts to the locations on D:.
Download and run Ccleaner to remove temp files etc. click here
Then if your computer is running okay you can turn off System Restore to clear all old Restore points then turn it back on to create a new one.
You should then find when you have done all these that you will have freed up a lot of space on C: and will not need to re-allocate partitions.

ame 10:20 08 Mar 2010

I used Paragon partition manager free version click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?