vista install error

stormrider123 11:25 13 Aug 2010

hi
i have a compaq pc with xp i tried to do a clean install of vista on it the problem is when i put in the dvd it says press any key to boot from cd/dvd when i press a key it says windows is loading files
then when it finishes suddenly I get a blue screen with the error message:
stop:0X0000005C
(0X0000010B,0X00000003,0X00000000,0X00000000)

CAN ANYONE HELP ME AS I HAVE JUST WASTED MONEY BUYING A WINDOWS VISTA DISK AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

PS:THE WINDOWS VISTA ADVISOR SAID MY COMPUTER IS READY FOR VISTA SO I DON'T KNOW WHY I GET THIS ERROR

lotvic 11:41 13 Aug 2010

any of the solutions/reasons on click here might help (scroll down to post at Friday, June 18, 2010 7:43 PM where compaq pc is mentioned)

ps: Please don't shout (writing in Capitol letters is considered bad manners and shouting - internet etiquette)

lotvic 11:43 13 Aug 2010

typo Capitol should be Capital

stormrider123 11:51 13 Aug 2010

sorry i used it for the x in the error message and forgot to change it back

stormrider123 11:58 13 Aug 2010

I still don't get it all he said was he updated a bios and it worked. also there was another thing about using a registry cleaner to fix it if this is true can someone tell me how to do this.

also wat about bios update would that really work

Jollyjohn 12:31 13 Aug 2010

Search the Compaq website for the exact make of your PC. Then look for a BIOS update and Flash utility, download them. If you have a floppy drive available create a bootable flopy disc, with the BIOS Flash utility and BIOS update on it and boot from it. Follow instructions on screen, saving the old BIOS if given the option.
You can do the same with a cd but you will not be able to save the old BIOS to the cd.
With a successful BIOS upgrade try reinstalling Vista again.

If you still get a BSOD then enter setup and select "Fail safe defaults" and try again.

stormrider123 13:45 13 Aug 2010

guess what
updated bios and booted windows vista dvd for the first time and never looked back
using windows vista right now.

good os seriousy.

stormrider123 16:38 17 Aug 2010

i take back what i said vista sucks just reinstalled xp back on my computer and its working faster than ever

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?