Vista Install

woodchip 20:16 25 Jun 2007

If you think you are having Problems Installing VISTA read This. click here

Me I have just been trying all afternoon in Wet South Shorkshire, to do a simle job, well should be! install a Lexmark All In one Printer on VISTA. It looks to me as if VISTA is a WINDOWS too far

woodchip 20:20 25 Jun 2007

South Yorkshire

Technotiger 20:35 25 Jun 2007

One little tipple too mucsh!!

skidzy 20:38 25 Jun 2007

What Lexmark Woodchip ?

I have the x series 1180 installed ok on Vista premnium.

There are some Vista drivers for Lexmark.But you may have to install the drivers via elevated mode or run as adminastrator.

woodchip 20:45 25 Jun 2007

X1180 Comby. I downloaded the Latest Vista Drivers but could not remove the XP drivers that had been loaded removed as much as I could from registry But it would not let me delete all of Lexmark. I did remove it fro Printer Folder using Admin then uninstalled using the Printer Driver Software. Rebooted comp and it was still asking for Lexmark Printer Driver. The drivers I downloaded was not separate files it was a .exe download not a zip

After reboot I ran the Install and it was still saying that it found old Lexmark that needed removing, running round in rings

woodchip 20:49 25 Jun 2007

This is not my Computer. I told him he would be better buying a XP disc. He as only just bought this E/Machine from PCWORLD

skidzy 21:06 25 Jun 2007

Woodchip

When you removed the software ...did you run something ccleaner or regscrub and reboot.

Not for one minute am i trying to tell you what to do,but the removal and installation must be done exactly how the below link says.

Though i have to admit,ive been lucky with my Vista and drivers.
I have the speedtouch 330 modem connected to the vista machine and works perfectly with the xp driver,others have had lots of problems.

This is exactly what i done if any help click here

skidzy 21:07 25 Jun 2007

What Lexmark Woodchip ?

I have the x series 1180 installed ok on Vista premnium.

There are some Vista drivers for Lexmark.But you may have to install the drivers via elevated mode or run as adminastrator.

skidzy 21:08 25 Jun 2007

Is this me or is PCA server going wild again ?

My earlier post has been posted again...allegedly by me ?

Strange things going on ...eerie !! :-O

woodchip 21:09 25 Jun 2007

It as no internet connection, he as only just bought the comp. I had to download the new Drivers on my comp. I live about four mile from him. So I am stuck unless I fetch his box and printer upto my house where I have all the tackle

skidzy 21:15 25 Jun 2007

Looks like you may need to print the link off and download a reg cleaner to a flash drive or cd and the exe file.
Got to be better than carrying that lot back to your house.

Even better still,i would restore the pc via its restore partition and start from scratch seems its new.

best of luck Woody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017