Vista Image File Properties

bgrave 15:19 28 Mar 2009

My XP Home PC suffered a terminal failure and I have now migrated to a new PC with Vista Home Premium 64 BIT. I do a very great deal of photo image work. In Explorer on my now defunct XP Home Pc I could right click on a photo image icon or file name and select Properties and click the Summary tab; here I could enter a Title, Subject and Comments, this is important to me.

With the Vista HP 64 BIT I go through the above sequence to Properties; the Summary tab is missing and apart from General there is now Security & Details if I click Details I can read Titles as previously entered using the XP Pc but I cannot see a way to enter Titles, Subjects & Comments. Is this possible in Vista HP 64 BIT ?

brundle 18:43 28 Mar 2009

From Vista help;

Open the folder that contains the file you want to change.

Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

In the Properties dialog box, click the Details tab, click the properties box that you want to change, type a word or phrase, and then click Apply. (If you don’t see any text for the property you want to add, point to the place where you would expect to see text, and a box will appear.)

To add more than one property of the same type, separate each property with a semicolon. To rate a file by using the ratings property, click the star that represents the rating you want to apply.

bgrave 19:19 28 Mar 2009

Thank you so much for that; I was so close I did select the required Propertie but I did not try to type in.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?