Vista Home Premium compatable with Orange livebox

Chrispbug 17:30 01 Mar 2007

Sorry if this has been covered before but I'm stuck. I've got a laptop pre installed with Vista Home Premium. I'm currently using Wanadoo broadband on my pc through a Speedtouch 330 modem. This modem doesn't work with Vista so I'm looking at upgrading my Wanadoo account to include livebox.
Is Orange livebox compatable with Vista ? Does anybody know of any problems ?

recap 18:04 01 Mar 2007

The following is extracted from click here but only mentions wireless.

"You need a computer with Windows 98/98SE, 2000 or XP (Windows Vista™ - Livebox wired connection is currently compatible but wireless is not compatible with Vista. We are working towards fully supporting Vista), a CD-Rom drive and an Ethernet port. If you haven't got a wireless-enabled computer, you'll need a wireless adaptor. You can buy one from us when you join online. Please note that the current wireless adapter is not Windows Vista compatible."

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 01 Mar 2007

The livebox doesn't use drivers and therefore is compatible with any op system.

However the ethernet card / connection and wireless card does.

If your laptop has a working ethernet connection and wireless card then it will work.

There are USB drivers on the CD but they are for running a printer off the livebox

tonyq 21:04 01 Mar 2007

I have just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista and are connecting to a Wanadoo now Orange Livebox,using the laptops wireless connection not the wireless adptor that wanadoo supplied of which I was using on my old laptop. At first I was unable to get the connection and had to ring Orange for help,now working O.K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?