Vista Folder Security

NTownJake 13:57 31 Aug 2007

I have Windows Vista premium and i have 3 accounts on my computer. I don't want my brother to be able to access all my computer files. I have tried setting permissions ( denied everything for him) for a while this works, but then he figured out (with some help from vista itself) that all he has to do is go into security and alter the permissions so he can access them. Is there some sort of way of blocking out my brother completely? I just want to block him from accessing/viewing any of my files.

Please try to keep it simple :)
Thanks

rawprawn 14:35 31 Aug 2007

AxCrypt will encrypt any files or folders you want to block
click here

NTownJake 08:47 01 Sep 2007

No i don't want to encrypt any files. I want to stop him from accessing the folder in the first place, it was very doable on xp but on vista it even gives you tips on how to change the security settings. No point in encrypting as he can still see all the file names and mess around with them (move them about etc)
And no i don't want to make allmy file names random
that's just not practical

rawprawn 09:12 01 Sep 2007

I use this for all my financial folders in case my laptop is stolen, but it is not free.
click here

NTownJake 08:49 02 Sep 2007

Well, my information doesn't pose a security risk so wouldn't need that. I just want to deny my brother access to my folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?