Vista DVD

Josho™ 23:13 11 Jun 2006

Hi, I'm having a few problems burning the image to disk, I did it and it said 19.?? MB!! I knew that wasn't right, so now I am "Full Erasing" the DVD, and starting it again at a smaller burn rate, about 2 or 3x. I was wondering if you had any tips, and also if I can't get it going I could send a DVD and stamped envolope to one of you guys and you could burn it and send it back. I would give you the DVD+RW and another stamoed envolope so you don't pay anything. Thanks guys!

Diodorus Siculus 01:38 12 Jun 2006

Try burning to a DVD -R or DVD+R rather than RW.

If mine ever downloads, I'll send it to you if you want - just email me via the yellow envelope.

Diodorus Siculus 01:44 12 Jun 2006

By the way, it's the 64bit I'm downloading.

Mark McC 11:43 12 Jun 2006

would anyone who downloaded the vista burn it to a dvd and post it to me. it dosent matter if it's 64Bit or 32Bit i have a compatiable processor

P.S

i have the vista serial when i tried to download it but i dont have the vista os.

Thank-You
mark

mattyc_92 11:56 12 Jun 2006

The download is 3.12GB...
What is the file-size of the downloaded *.iso you have?

I had a problem when burning it. I had to burn at 4x instead of 8x and it worked perfectly.

Please remember that Vista is a BETA, so some programs and hardware wont work on it!! Also, I (and my friend) have had some problems installing Vista along side XP....

If you decide to install Vista, backup all your work before hand

Josho™ 11:58 12 Jun 2006

I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING!
I'll probably get some DVD+R disks and I 'll try and send you one. I don't know why, but my laptop wouldn't burn it but my main PC did, weird.

Josho™ 12:00 12 Jun 2006

I won't resolve this topic, but I will others. I wont resovle this as others are asking for help and it'll take up less space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?