Vista dilemma

bordercomp 16:39 11 Apr 2007

I have recently bought an Acer Aspire 9300 laptop, it came with Vista Home Premium installed, I'm less than thrilled by this O/S and am considering two options, 1 - Wiping the C drive and installing XP or 2 - Leaving Vista on the C drive and installing XP on the second hard drive (it has two 60Gb hard drives C and D), the other problem is that the laptop came with no Vista disc, it has a facility to make a system copy on DVD as a backup in case it crashes, could this be used in the unlikely event I want to reinstall Vista on this machine. I would appreciate any advice/comments on the above.

Tony.

Fingees 17:39 11 Apr 2007

Why on earth do you want to get rid of Vista.

I use it and found it far superior to xp, and certainly would not go back.

I know people don't like change, and always complain about any new operating system.

XP had more complaints than most, but eventually won most people over, although some stalwarts still prefer 98 SE.

The windows media is excelent, and i'm sure given time and experience of it you could like it.

All the best.

pk46 19:53 11 Apr 2007

Beware you could have a problem IE drivers for one and graphics.
All though i have run Vista from beta stage today i have gone back to W98 god it's three years since i've run this on my older computer dare i say it's faster than vista to load.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?