Vista back up

depressed 12:21 28 May 2007

I have a separate hard and when trying to back up works for about 20 mins then comes up with error
0x80070005 Does the same when tryimg to back up to DVD disc (Some items have been backed)up Any suggestions?

i had the same problems, the error code on mine came up just before the process was about to finish, after about 20/30 minutes, it happened about once in every three attempts, i assumed my external hdd was incompatible, but seems fine with ghost (im back with xp)
couldnt find anything with google so i thought it was just me, could try microsoft support?

SANTOS7 12:48 28 May 2007

Its a non specific ACCESS DENIED error, could have something running somewhere that won't let you back it up while its in use...

depressed 14:29 28 May 2007

Would you believe it I started it off again after posting to the forum and it has just successfully completed!! Never changed anything so do not know why the previous 8 attempts failed.

same used to happen to me, i think santos has hit the nail on the head!

SANTOS7 14:38 28 May 2007

What you need to do now is validate your backup to make sure it is not still corrupt in any way, I forgot to do that once it cost me dear..

bandwagon 14:45 28 May 2007

Thanks Santos7 is there a quick way to do this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone