Vista 64 Revoke Key.?

Autoschediastic 13:05 26 Jun 2009

Hi all, Ive just sold a vista 64 disc to someone & they have formatted there pc & installed it with no problem, He has tried to registar it but M/S wont let him cause ive already done that, The feeling is ok between us but i was under the impression a Retail version could be registered multiple times.?
If not can i revoke the key so he can register it in his name.?
Thankx

Woolwell 13:32 26 Jun 2009

Are you still running that copy of Vista 64? My understanding is that Vista comes with one licence for one machine. If you uninstall it and install on another machine you can use it.

Autoschediastic 15:52 26 Jun 2009

Woolwell Thanks for the reply, I am using it at the mo BUT im rolling back to XP64 over the weekend Will this help.???

Woolwell 16:48 26 Jun 2009

If you are no longer using it and have sold it then it should be ok. By selling it and continuing to use it you broke the license agreement. If you click on start then type license in the search box you should get a license.rtf located in windows. This will tell you what you can and cannot do.

Woolwell 16:49 26 Jun 2009

Where did the XP come from?

Autoschediastic 18:56 26 Jun 2009

Woollwell, ive had nothing but slow operating speeds & my pc hanging & saying "internet explorer cannot be displayed" almost everytime i play a cd that ive put in my pc when i close the media player down it hangs then tells me "Not respondng" If i reight click on a desktop icon it takes about 20 seconds to respond the list is endless! & ive come to the end of my tether with it! i am not selling a dead horse neither i just think that disc dont like my pc!
My pc is more than capable of handling Vista its got 7 gig of ram
A Quadcore Extreme 3.4ghz per core (Not overclocked) liquid cooled & lots of other nice'ies
Thankx agin

Woolwell 19:09 26 Jun 2009

Have you looked at Vista's Resource Monitor and seen what disc activity is taking place. You may find that searchindexer is slowing everything down.

I take it that you have XP 64 bit otherwise it will not recognise all of your RAM.

Autoschediastic 00:08 28 Jun 2009

Woolwell yeah its the 64 bit version thanks, I stopped the indexing BUT it still did it for 4-5 hours?? the pc came with 1.5Tb of storage & its not partitioned maybe this was part of the problem.??
Thankx again

Woolwell 14:14 28 Jun 2009

How old is the system? The initial indexing can be a pain. Turning it off may make a difference. On my system I have 3 incidences of poor running and every time it was down to searchindexer and occasionally it seemed to get into a loop. I finally seem to have cracked it (I hope I haven't spoken too soon).

Autoschediastic 10:22 29 Jun 2009

Woolwell its 1 year old...& how did u crack it.?
Thankx

Woolwell 17:26 29 Jun 2009

Turned it off and back on again after a restart - if I remember correctly. Same age as my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?