Vista 64 Bit & iTunes

Paul1204 09:16 15 Sep 2007

I am running MS Vista 64 bit and I have recently upgraded iTunes to version 7.4.1.2 as prompted by the Apple Software Updater. I now find that iTunes can rip or burn CD's. The previous version of iTunes 7.3.2.6 worked fine and I had no problems.

I have looked on the Apple website and I see that they do not support 64 bit OS's. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem, as I can't see that a newer version of iTunes won't work on a 64 bit OS when the previous version did.

iTunes 7.3.2.6
click here
can you revert back? or uninstall 7.4 and reinstall previous.

Paul1204 10:22 15 Sep 2007

I have unistalled iTunes version 7.4.1.2 and installed version 7.3.2.6 and I now receive the following error message 'The file "iTines Libary.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes'.

can you system restore to the date prior to upgrading 7.4 in the first place as you mentioned"recently"

failing that the library extensions are per the 7.4 version,so will need to be reindexed.
The library needs deleted(in itunes not the location) and then the music repopulated to give correct location/extension.
to do this drag and drop your music folder to itunes,to repopulate.
This might lose playlists.
In this link they mention backing up playlist before reverting back to an earlier version
click here
check it out if the playlists are important to you.

Paul1204 12:06 15 Sep 2007

You are a star! All fixed and working again :)

Hi Paul
glad you are sorted,out of interest which method helped ,restore,reindex?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?