visited sites vanish from IE

Cesare 10:34 01 Jan 2007

Does anyone know why the sites I visit, which usually remain on the adress bar, vanish when I open up my computer the next day ? How can I make them remain on, as they are convenient to have, so I do not have to retype them. Thanks

muddypaws 10:38 01 Jan 2007

Cesare,
Think this is where to go:
Open IE/Tools/Internet options
Bottom of panel adjust the number of days storage in History.

Cesare 10:48 01 Jan 2007

I tried that but it is down for 22 days. I tried changing it but it made no difference.

rawprawn 10:49 01 Jan 2007

Do you have an antispyware program which is set to clear your tracks on shutdown?

hzhzhzhz 10:54 01 Jan 2007

Try

Tools>>Internet options>>content>>autocomplete settings. Check the Forms box,>>ok>>ok

Cesare 11:09 01 Jan 2007

rawprawn.......I dont think so but will check it out.
hzhzhzhz....They are ll checked OK.

hzhzhzhz 11:14 01 Jan 2007

I've just done this myself and restarted. The sites on the address bar have remained there.

Cesare 11:15 01 Jan 2007

rawprawn....I have Windows defender and AVG free and they do not have anything that might denote that they are deleting the sites visited on IE.

BRYNIT 11:21 01 Jan 2007

If you are using IE why not save them in your favorites file.

rawprawn 11:34 01 Jan 2007

Tolls/Internet Options/Advanced Tab/Scroll down to Security/is "Empty temp internet folder when browser is closed" ticked. if so untick it.

Cesare 11:58 01 Jan 2007

BRYNIT....They are on my favourites but are more convenient on the address bar.
rawprawn....I checked it out. It is unticked..What is strange is the fact that these sites that I visit remain there during the day. I even closed my computer and restarted to see if they vanish, but they are still there. Tomorrow they might disappear. I have the same problem with my Flash Player, which is available for a few days and then it vanishes the next day. I uninstall it and reinstall it and then it's Ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017