Visioneer scanner won't stop scanning!

janellandod 17:38 09 Sep 2010

I have a Visioneer Onetouch 9020USB scanner about 6 years old, but not used much, which I use with a Dell Dimension 5150 desktop computer & Windows XP.
When loading my original into the scanner today I accidentally knocked the "custom" button. The scanner now refuses to stop scanning - either the configuration screen keeps scrolling through the choices, or else the usual Visioneer menu scans the preview then clears it. After leaving the scanner turned off for a while, the scan appeared bright green.
I have located a website with latest drivers - should I load that, or is the verdict that the problem is terminal?

gengiscant 09:00 10 Sep 2010

Having a quick look at the Visioneer website is there anything here that might help click here and it would not do any harm to uninstall old drivers and install new.

janellandod 09:59 10 Sep 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.
Bit of an oops moment here - it appears to be working properly this morning!
I moved the somewhat heavy book I was trying to take a scan from, thus removing its weight from across all the buttons & it scanned perfectly, so I assume that the pressure on the buttons was causing the problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?