Viruses found on computer?

Pererin 17:23 08 Jul 2008

Hi Guys, these are the names of the viruses I have found on my USB - Trojan.Downloader.Vb.AMO, Trojan,Mailspam.J, MAL_OTORUN and WORM_VB.CVY. I cannot find any info on them and along with the letter combo I posted earlier I am not sure if they are serious or not. Have dealt with all of them but on one computer it gave the location as C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcasvc.exe I tried to remove it manually as the virus checker I used could not delete it properly but to no avail. Not sure how to do it any other way, any help would be greatly appreciated.

DieSse 17:47 08 Jul 2008

Do a google search for odbcasvc.exe and try some of the removal methods suggested.

hiwatt 18:10 08 Jul 2008

Try running this program click here it will remove or quarintine any malicious items it finds.Also try thisclick here free version.

hiwatt 18:11 08 Jul 2008

Second link should be click here

mfletch 18:30 08 Jul 2008

odbcasvc.exe is

Service Display Name: ODBC Administration Service

Right click on your taskbar and click on task manager then click on services and see if this is listed {ODBC Administration Service}if it is stop its service then run one of the suggestions above,

Malwarebytes or Superantispyware

mfletch

Pererin 20:12 08 Jul 2008

Guys, you are great, thanks again for all your help. I would be in a pickle without you. :)

Halmer 20:23 08 Jul 2008

warns me that Malwarebytes is a source of malware for some reason?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?