virusburst

myanmarboy 11:03 14 Sep 2006

my desktop appears to have been infected with Virusburst - flashing yellow triangle and blue questionmark with baloon msg in sys tray.
Is there a quick fix? I have Macafee AV.
Will the Windows Live Safety Center scan remove. Windows Defender did'nt even find it. If it is going to cost me OK, but I need it gone. Appreciate any advice/help.

VoG II 11:14 14 Sep 2006

Removal instructions click here

If you are not comfortable with doing this yourself run HJT click here and post the log on the MWR forum click here where an expert will guide you step by step.

bellababy 11:38 14 Sep 2006

Have a look at this one also.
click here

myanmarboy 15:10 14 Sep 2006

Thanks, guys.
Ibought the Webroot Spysweeper. It did just what it said on the tin.

myanmarboy 10:45 15 Sep 2006

I posted on this yesterday and ticked the resolved box as the problem was resolved, but would like some advice. I buy Macafee AV on a monthly subscription from AOL. After the infection I scanned with Windows Defender, Ad-Aware (Free version) and the One Care tool at Windows Live Safety Center. None of these even recognised the infection. The Spysweeper I purchased found and destroyed the Virusburst and also Zlob which it said was present. Are these other tools as ineffective as they appear to be or am I missing something?

bellababy 12:08 15 Sep 2006

You could try either or both of the following. Make sure to download the free versions unless you have deep pockets:-)

click here

click here

bellababy 12:11 15 Sep 2006

I guess like all of these things you must update frequently to try and keep ahead of these scumbags who create these problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?