Virus - [email protected]

harleyd 19:45 23 Mar 2005

Hi,I wonder if anyone can help.

For some months now I've regularly recieved (2/3 times everyday) in my e-mails the [email protected] virus which on each & every occasion has been blocked/quarantined etc by Norton 2005 Anti-Virus.

Recently I've had notification from completely unknown people/orginisations that I'm now passing on the virus to them.

I'm operating on Windows 2000 and have installed CounterSpy, Ad-Aware, Spybot & ZoneAlarm to name just a few

Any assistance to eradicate this
would be appreciated

Regards

Harleyd

stalion 20:15 23 Mar 2005

install mailwasher and check your emails on the server. click here

TonyV 20:36 23 Mar 2005

Does this actually work? Like harleyd, I have been getting these rogue mails for months now. Most of them appear to emanate from France. I have tried blocking them on the BT mail pages and in my copy of OE6. but they still keep coming through in variations upon a theme of the address of the sender! The Mailwasher seems to be the answer, but I wonder how effective it really is. Obviously if it can send a rogue e mail address back to the perpetrator, that has to be a good thing.

VoG II 20:43 23 Mar 2005

I swear by Mailwasher but don't bounce, just delete.

stalion 20:43 23 Mar 2005

Mailwasher works very well you can check your emails on the server and delete them without them ever getting on to your pc.However it is no good sending them back to where they came from as you will only be confirming your email address and therefore run the risk of getting even more,just delete them
Regards

TonyV 20:50 23 Mar 2005

Thanks chaps. I shall have to give it a whirl. Though, like harleyd, mine are not actually getting through to my machine because both BT Yahoo! and AVG are stopping them. I suppose though, it is only a matter of time before one breaks through the stockade!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?