Virus Scan detection

Kizzy-Woo 13:32 03 Feb 2003

When doing CTRL+ALT+DEL I get "Defscangui" running in the background. It seems to stop my doing a scan disk and defrag. Whilst doing scan disk, I get a message saying that this drive is already being used and scan disk has retried 10 times but cannot continue. I think it was something that I downloaded, have now deleted but it is still lurking.

Can anyone help please?

JoeC 13:38 03 Feb 2003

have a Trojan running on your system. Go to Symantec site ( Security Response ) and type Defscangui into the search box. It comes up with this click here

JoeC 14:00 03 Feb 2003

I got your email - thyank you. Just a teensy weensy bit of advice for you though - could you please put any replies / further queries in the forum by adding them into the " Add a new response to " boxes at the bottom of your thread. It is basically to let everyone see what is / has been tried and what, if anything, is working - or not as the case may be. The more people that see the postings, the more heads that can be scratched to solve the problem !! I would also check for antivirus etc updates on an almost daily basis as this has been known about since 7th January. Anyhow, I hope you have success in sorting it. Regards : }

JoeC 14:04 03 Feb 2003

point out ( 'cos I forgot the first time ) that clicking on the envelope icon beside a posters name to send an email also reveals your email address to the recipient.

Kizzy-Woo 14:16 03 Feb 2003

OK! Thanks (I'm new to this as you might have guessed). Just out of interest, how did I get this Trojan.kkiller thing?

JoeC 14:24 03 Feb 2003

from emails, or by visiting certain P2P sites ( Kazaa and similar ). As long as your AV is bang up-to-date you are reasonably secure. Practice safe surfing and all that...... : }

JoeC 14:29 03 Feb 2003

The Cleaner ( 30 day trial ) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?