Virus removal tool

lintony 19:26 24 Sep 2003

My Norton has stopped and quarantined a virus in my computer. It is called Worm.Automat.AHB

Does nayone know of a tool for getting rid of it from my computer.

MAJ 19:33 24 Sep 2003

It's also known as [email protected]

Removal tool: [email protected]" title="http://securityresponse1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

MAJ 19:35 24 Sep 2003
  MAJ 19:36 24 Sep 2003

Enter [email protected] into the Symantec search click here

expertec 19:42 24 Sep 2003

lintony, this is the link click here

expertec 19:50 24 Sep 2003

If Norton has quarantined it you shouldn't need a removal tool you can just go into quarantine and delete it. Which version of Norton are you running?

nick_j007 21:08 24 Sep 2003

Can I shoulder in a bit here as I am being totally bombarded by this virus since its launch.
I have taken the advice of expertec and deleted them all from my quarantine list (there were 32!).
Can I stop these coming to me in some way? I did experiment with Mail Washer, but just found myself dealing with two prog's then (M.W & O.E.) If it was not for this current spat I get on everage 2/3 spam per day, so I live with it and add to blocked senders list as they come in. This [email protected] virus comes in many forms all along the MS Update line though.
So, in the absence of Mail washer can I do anything people?

Thank you,

Nick Jones

MAJ 21:16 24 Sep 2003

"I did experiment with Mail Washer, but just found myself dealing with two prog's then (M.W & O.E.)"

What do you mean by dealing with two programmes, the idea of using Mailwasher is to delete them before they even get as far as OE.

nick_j007 21:29 24 Sep 2003

Hello MAJ and thanks for the reply.

I may well be missing the point here, but I found that I would be using Mailwasher to sort them out first off, then going to O.E. anyway to reply and open etc. I have NAV going so I am protected as well as I can be in O.E.
It's getting late, and I'm talking myself into an ever decreasing circle I think.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017