Virus problems --- HELP !!!

Dirty Dick 13:42 06 Aug 2004

I have AVG installed and updated to the latest version. I run it regularly (every night) and it has not found anything for some time. However I have just run MicroWorld free e-scan antivrus toolkit and it has found THREE problems:-
1) File C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\F1BNV23K\nega620137(click here)[1].zip tagged as not-a-virus:Cracker.AssasinPatch. No Action Taken.
2) File C:\Program Files\Online Services\AOL90US\comp01.000 tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.
3) File C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\tetra.dll infected by "TrojanDownloader.Win32.Wren.e" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted

Can anybody advise me on what to do with these files. AVG usually sorts out the problems automatically, but MicroWorld doesn't suggest anything.
THANKS

Dirty Dick 13:44 06 Aug 2004

Don't know where the Link came from, I didn't put it there !!!

rawprawn 14:58 06 Aug 2004

I'm not sure what you mean, as I read your posting I think that the first 2 finds were treated as benign, and the third has been deleted by Microworld. (No AV is likely to find and delete 100% all the time).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:31 06 Aug 2004

DO NOT open any of the said files.

Tools -internet options -(temporary internet files) delete files... delete cookies.

This will kill downloaded files.

Clear your internet cache regularly as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?