virus that is not being pickt up by norton

pug306 21:39 31 Jan 2008

hiya my laptop seems to have a virus although norton wont pick it up. im getting pop ups of norton has found a virus high risk etc but it seems to be lying everything is going crazy i go on the internet and it sticks then i get a pop up page of deleting viruses etc. im getting windows explorer messages saying about. i installed spydoctor and its picking up infections left right and centre but that doesnt seem to be working. ive done a system restore to 2weeks ago still nothing what else can i do?? please help its driving me crazy.

birdface 22:07 31 Jan 2008

Try using your Security programs in safe mode.[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]If they find anything delete them when finished run C Cleaner then switch of system restore.Reboot computer then run your security programs again to see if they find anything.

pug306 22:34 31 Jan 2008

hiya ino im being thick but i only partly understand what u mean buy that im totaly confused by it all

pug306 22:48 31 Jan 2008

ok i think i did it it went funny and big but my norton wouldnt run trying it now but its not finding anything. i jsut keep getting pop ups for antivirus things.

brundle 22:51 31 Jan 2008

Ccleaner here click here

Some antispyware programs; click here AVG and Spywareterminator would be a good start. Install and update them, reboot your PC, as buteman said hit F8 when your computer is starting, before you see the Windows logo. Choose Safe mode, run a complete scan with both applications.

pug306 23:05 31 Jan 2008

right am trying that now although norton wouldnt let me run in safe mode so il see if these will thank u

pug306 23:12 31 Jan 2008

its finding threats in memory and normal but it wont get rid of them?

hiwatt 10:20 01 Feb 2008

Which one did you try?Try this Super antispyware it's really good at getting rid of things that others dont.click here

mfletch 12:39 01 Feb 2008

Hi,

Did you say that the pop up;s are from other antispyware programs,

Bogus Antispyware?

Download SmitfraudFix and follow the instructions,

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache