virus----JDBGMGR.EXE

vinnyo123 03:38 11 Nov 2003

some knuckle head from my wifes school just sent her an e-mail and said to look for this virus on one of our PC's on our network.He said he received it and it sent out through his address book.Naturally it's on my pc,but it looks like a hoax.It was created same day as alert e-mail came ,norton doesn't pick it up .Also in its properties it is a microsoft exe. file .Says it is a microsoft debugger registration for Java.Just wanted to make a post to see if anybody else heard of this before I go crazy trying to get rid off this.

Saltyseadog 03:54 11 Nov 2003

Hi vinnyo123

Your correct in your assumption that it is a hoax, I received an e-mail last year about the same thing. It won't do you any harm if you have deleted it but it isn't necessary. Many people seem to have been caught out by deleting the file on the assumption it is better to be safe than sorry.

vinnyo123 03:56 11 Nov 2003

thanks for the reply
click here

The Lights Are On 08:43 11 Nov 2003

Let the poor Teddy alone he has never hurt you, millions of harmless Teddy's have been wiped out with this wicked hoax.

Andsome 09:05 11 Nov 2003

NOT TEDDY AGAIN? O.M.G.

mikef. 10:40 11 Nov 2003

I thought teddy had died as we hadn't heard from him for a bit, but no he is still alive and kicking, poor old teddy

Andsome 13:38 11 Nov 2003

He's lovely

Giggle n' Bits 14:17 11 Nov 2003

Puddsy for Children in need appeal.

I start bid at £10 for this bear.

vinnyo123 17:03 13 Nov 2003

yes teddy was running through my wifes college.
Trying to infect young techies lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache