Virus help

igr 18:30 05 Apr 2005

I ran MicroWorld Anti virus (mwav) today and got this message:-
File System Found infected by "VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

On checking the log of the scan the following was reported:

Scanning HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD
Tue Apr 05 18:01:52 2005 => Offending value found in HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings !!!
Tue Apr 05 18:01:58 2005 => System found infected with VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware! Action taken: No Action Taken.
Tue Apr 05 18:01:58 2005 => File System Found infected by "VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Checking HKLM via Regedit found no VxD sub directory and HKCU settings were not set

Anybody got any ideas what has been found, and more importantly, how do I fix it?

pauldonovan 18:55 05 Apr 2005

..is a "red herring" and may be what it was searching prior to reporting the VBA settings bit.

Are you saying you have nothing under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings

in your registry at all?

If not then I suspect you are ok... worth running another AV program / online scan though. Try AVG.

Trackrat 19:02 05 Apr 2005

To be sure if their is a problem or not go to this link click here and post a Hi Jack log.

igr 19:10 05 Apr 2005

There are 3 other sub directories
CCleaner
Reader Speedup
Reader Speedup!

There is only one entry in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings :-
(default) REG_SZ (value not set)

igr 20:42 05 Apr 2005

refresh

stalion 20:51 05 Apr 2005

do an independant scan with a2
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?