Virus from hell

noel_courtney 21:49 30 Mar 2009

After two weeks of every type of scan, rebuild, reinstall repair etc I still cant fix this. Desk top task bar and Icons keep disapearing. Programs can be acessed via Ctrl-Alt-Delete new task but then CPM locks at 100%. Tried an SFC scannow with an error telling me cant scan proctected system files. PC Spyware freezings when it gets to a file called windows\system\uniq.tll and then eventually PC turns itself off. Tried to find this file to delete it but its not visible to the eye. Even tried an unsucessful reformat this morning with a message saying cant perfrom this function as the "Drive door" is open.

Give up?

Anyone got any ideas?

Rizlo 22:02 30 Mar 2009

I always find the virus in the run folder )

birdface 22:04 30 Mar 2009

Maybe try this,Its pay for but you get 1 months trial and it will delete anything it finds.click here.

woodchip 22:07 30 Mar 2009

It may be a BIOS Virus, or its in the Partition boot sector

Jak_1 22:08 30 Mar 2009

I take it that you cannot open windows explorer, if this is so then these two threads may help:

click here

click here

woodchip 22:09 30 Mar 2009

To Remove from Partition you have to clear all Partitions then create new ones and format

noel_courtney 22:20 30 Mar 2009

buteman thanks for this link I will try it.

Jak_1 you are correct I cant open windows explorer albeit only for a split second before it disappears. I have tried what youve suggested but to no avail.

Woodchip I,m a dummy when it comes to PC,s. I do know my hard drive C:/ is also partioned into D: and E:. Removeing and clearing these I,ve got no idea.

woodchip 22:23 30 Mar 2009

If you only Have a Restore CD I suggest you try using it

noel_courtney 23:14 30 Mar 2009

I have tried to boot up from XP disk and perfrom a repair partition etc but PC just wants to do a complete re-install while not highlighting partitions

woodchip 23:46 30 Mar 2009

Repair is no good you have to clear the Partition Info

noel_courtney 00:24 31 Mar 2009

Is there any online instructions you can point to which may help to do this partion clear?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?