Virus every time!

danisa 10:00 16 Oct 2007

I have had 360 pro for some time now and I have downloaded music with no problems. BUT. Whenever I try to download any programs, large or small, freeware or shareware or anything, I keep getting a message from 'Avast' anti virus prog 'virus found' and whatever the three options I choose, it ends the download.
I don't remember the actual name but it starts Trojan win32. Have I wasted my money? and has anyone had the same problem and fixed it?
danisa.

johnnyrocker 10:02 16 Oct 2007

have you run a scan? if you have xp have you scanned with system restore disabled.

johnny.

RobCharles1981 10:04 16 Oct 2007

You have wasted your Money. I have not used Norton in Over 5 Years, I've gone the free way like others on here have.

Technotiger 10:11 16 Oct 2007

I have never used 360 Pro, and having read these Google items, I am glad I haven't.

click here

johnnyrocker 10:11 16 Oct 2007

ditto but i tried to be kinder;)

johnny.

crosstrainer 10:28 16 Oct 2007

A pain to uninstall, and overall worth giving a miss by a country mile.

johnnyrocker 10:31 16 Oct 2007

i feel that critscisms of norton however right, are of no use to the poster who has asked for help.

johnny.

SB23 11:43 16 Oct 2007

I've Googled this morning for Trojan win32, but there are really that many variations, it would help if you could give us the rest of the name.
That way we can help abit more.

Steve

Ashrich 11:49 16 Oct 2007

You seem to be running 2 different Anti Virus programs , Norton 360 and Avast , no wonder you get these funny virus messages , they are competing against each other , use one or the other , but not both , can you disable the anti virus in 360 ? if not disable/uninstall Avast .

Ashley

danisa 12:19 16 Oct 2007

No Folks! It's not Norton - I have the same opinion of THAT prog that you have. It's the file sharing program "360 share"
I only use Avast which beats the others hands down.
In answer to Johnny Rocker, yes I've done a scan and, nothing is found, probably because the Avast on line scanner has taken the viruses out. My problem is that the software starts downloading and then up comes the message. Even if I say ;continue' or 'ignore' it stops dead! The only prog I gor was an app to archive my e-mails when OE wants to compress then. When I exported it to my Laptop by e-mail it even said THAT was infected. I just ignored it and it now runs fine on the lappy.
360 share didn't cost much so I'm not that bothered but I would like to take some interesting progs down to try.
I'll try some downloading this afternoon and see what the trojan/virus is called.
danisa.

danisa 15:32 16 Oct 2007

OK. Just got in and tried the first *.exe file that I found. This was Acronis True Image Corporate Work Station V.8.0.RAR.
This was the warning (twice)
virus found
win32:Delf-BPI[trj]
Trojan Horse
VPS:- 00078`1-2, 15/10/2007.
That's the same sort of warning I get from Avast with almost all downloads.
One small point, I activated the 'Urgent limewire update' and it loaded with no problems/ Secondary question. what is lime wire?
Danisa

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?