virus, download.small.dh how to cure

GuyR 10:20 06 Feb 2004

A friend running windows xp, and AVG six is having problems. She keeps getting told this virus is on her system AVG cannot find it. She is unable to use a;drive plus access to other users on her system.

I am running AVG 7.0 this virus does not appear on the database, either in full name or as small.dh

need to go and help her get system back up and running, it's a PC world e210 machine and only has a restore disc.

2nd Question is can I do a reformat of the drive, then use restore disc or does it work accessing hidden files on the hard drive? if the latter then reformating means she would have to buy a new copy of XP I think.

temp003 11:16 06 Feb 2004

According to this thread, the offending file is called download.exe in the Temporary Internet Files folder. click here

GuyR 12:21 06 Feb 2004

Reading this I'm thinking WOW, it's all pretty overpowering, but it should mean can find the file that is doing the damege.

I already have spybot and adaware which I will use. will also try to get some of the programs on the link that should kill it once and for all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?