virus definition?

bluebird 12:34 14 Apr 2004

Can any of you guys give me the definition for the virus Trojan.Downloader.Agent.T

Thanks in advance. Bluebird.

anon1 12:40 14 Apr 2004

You sure about the name?

bluebird 12:44 14 Apr 2004

AVG picked it up last night and put it in the virus vault why?

anon1 12:51 14 Apr 2004

there is no listing of it thats all

anon1 12:53 14 Apr 2004

here is the avg virus entry.
Virus Encyclopaedia

Descriptions of viruses detected by the AVG Anti-Virus system can be found in the Virus Encyclopedia. Additional general information about viruses can be found in the "About Viruses" section at click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus starting with 'Trojan.Downloader.Agent.T' found.

virus name
search in aliases
When searching, include the name of the virus (or fragment thereof) as it is given by AVG Anti-Virus.

bluebird 13:08 14 Apr 2004

weird that. its here in my virus vault. thanks for ur help anon1

anon1 13:17 14 Apr 2004

it may be that it is actually called something else. Have you looked at the file details in the vault? Oh that is interesting, according to my virus vault I have 4 trojans in my system restore cabs. Strange that they never got picked up before. I think maybe an avg update is reporting in error. Best bet is to do an online scan click here its free.

bluebird 13:25 14 Apr 2004

c://windows/system32/nslite....

johnnyrocker 13:27 14 Apr 2004

you are correct download agent does exist and avg will quarantine on but sys restore needs to be disabled firs, it can also be removed by an updated adaware.

johnny.

Eastender 13:32 14 Apr 2004

I can't find a description of Agent.t but it is mentioned on a couple of site:-

click here click here

anon1 13:37 14 Apr 2004

I have just scanned online with housecall and it found NO VIRUS. I emptied the virus vault since. I believe that the virus report was in fact erroneous. It only takes a small trigger condition to cause an alert. Often around updates you will find this happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?