Virus attack

Whitster 13:17 11 Jun 2010

Trying to sort out a PC with a virus attack, pc already has AVG installed and Mbam but uable to do anything. Wheni click onto anything i get a pop up window "spyware Alert" application infected. I have tried to start up in safe mode and run Mbam but will not start in safe mode just keep re-starting in a loop.

Any ideas

T I M B O 13:28 11 Jun 2010

You could try this>>> click here

Best of luck

Whitster 13:33 11 Jun 2010

Thanks, I have managed to get SuperAntispyware to start from my stick, but will try your link next.

Whitster 16:22 11 Jun 2010

SuperAntispyware found a few nastiee, also ran mbam found six rogue antivirus but will not remove them, it trys to but mbam hangs and say NOT RESPONDING. Unable to start PC in safe mode

T I M B O 16:25 11 Jun 2010

where are the issue,,, are they stored in the restore ??? If so mbam will not delete them,

T I M B O 16:32 11 Jun 2010

When malwarebytes has finished the scan, you then have to make sure that all are selected and delete all & reboot. when getting back into windows, reboot up mbam & go to logs and check the bottom one which is normally why last one, and see where the infections are located. If there are any stored in the restore then more action is required.

When did this issue begin, if it was from Wednesday then do a system restore back to Tuesday then make sure that mbam is up to date and do a quick scan.

Mbam only recommends a quick scan & normal mode will do.

Whitster 18:54 11 Jun 2010

Managed ti get Mbam to delete them but they keep coming back

hiwatt 19:17 11 Jun 2010

Go to start/run and type msconfig.Under the start up tab see if there's anything relating to the virus with similar names and untick the box.This should prevent it from running at start up.Also go into start/control pannel/add remove programs and if you can see the rouge program there uninstall it.Then I would run malwarebytes is safe mode by tapping f8 while booting up the computer.

Whitster 22:17 11 Jun 2010

I think this PC is completety messed up, i think it needs a master reset, is then anyway to do without the discs

Whitster 22:19 11 Jun 2010

i think i have now got rid of the viruses , but still unable to start up in safe mode or safe mode with networking and also can not windows update

Ashrich 23:11 11 Jun 2010

Do you get an error message when attempting a Windows Update at all ?

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?