Virus Alert PLEASE HELP

DrLector 07:59 05 Sep 2008

HI
I have a virus on my pc, iv run avg and it says it got 2 viruses but i still get fake pop ups for anti virus and a messages telling me i have worm win32.net booster, as im writing this windows are popping up for anti virus websites, it has added on to my pc error cleaner, privacy protector and spy ware protector its added a tool bar and worst of all when i click on start half of the options have gone, iv lost my docs,my pics,my music, my computer, my network, control panel, help, search, run,
i wonted to do a system restore to get back my doc's but i can't because search and my computer is gone .

iv run avg and spysweeper and it says is got the viruses but there still doing the damage

please help

thanks very much

running on XP

baldydave 08:00 05 Sep 2008

Try system restore to earlier point

baldydave 08:03 05 Sep 2008

sorry didnt read proberly.
system restore (start-programs-accessories-system tools-system restore)

DrLector 08:04 05 Sep 2008

I cant do a system restore as the icon for my computer and search has gone, is there another way to do a restore ?

thanks

birdface 08:08 05 Sep 2008

Try in safe mode.[Just keep tapping F as the computer starts.]Or download Superantispyware and try that.click here

birdface 08:11 05 Sep 2008

Can you get into all programs.Accessories.System tools.System Restore.And try it that way.

birdface 08:12 05 Sep 2008

Sorry tapping F8 i should have said.

DrLector 08:20 05 Sep 2008

hi

how do i get to programs ?
the only options i have left on my start menu is set programs and access and default and connect to,

birdface 08:52 05 Sep 2008

It is usually Start.And then All programs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:48 05 Sep 2008

Boot to the command prompt (tap F8 whilebooting to get menu)
and type:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press Enter and follow the on-screen prompts to restore to an earlier date/time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?