virus and adware problems

scholesboy 21:04 08 Jun 2007

i am having problems with adware , on my pc, i downloaded ad-aware 2007 and it hasnot solved the problem, what ever the problem is its having a major effect on my computers performace, everything seems to be suffering, its running slow, and crashes regulary, i have ntl netguard and the virus scan comes up clean, can anyone give me advice on gow to get my computer back to normal, without resinstalling everything again,

VoG II 21:07 08 Jun 2007

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

Technotiger 21:08 08 Jun 2007

Hi try running CCleaner, in its default settings, ie, just as it opens, without changing anything.

click here

scholesboy 21:28 08 Jun 2007

i ran ccleaner, my system is running faster , but still have adware

p;3 21:30 08 Jun 2007

try running

click here

click here

on full deep scans to see what they pick up?

Technotiger 21:33 08 Jun 2007

You could also try one or two of the suggestions here, courtesy of Google.

click here

birdface 08:50 09 Jun 2007

Adware.What shows up on your screen ,Are you getting loads of pop-ups ,Advertisements,or what,I have had Viruses adware, trojans on my computer and it never made it crash all the time,I was just wondering if it could be some other fault,Like overheating or something like that,

scholesboy 20:04 09 Jun 2007

it only locks up when i try to close the pop up adds down, my ntl netgard detects a win/32trojan.tjz on a regular basis and deletes it, why does it keep re-occuring?????. i tryed using addware 2007, and ccleaner to sort the problem but with no joy.this is getting really frustrating has anyone had this problem before, if so how did you solve it ??????
thanks for all your responses .

VoG II 20:20 09 Jun 2007

Please see my post Fri, [email protected]:07.

birdface 20:52 09 Jun 2007

I think you have to do what Vog suggested ,Run HJT and post your log on the Malware Forum.

andy75 21:20 09 Jun 2007

totally clueless so ignore me but could it be anything to do with virgin, update software etc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?