virus?

denis93c 20:20 18 Jan 2003
  denis93c 20:20 18 Jan 2003

i keep getting a virus from [email protected] do not click on that address other-wise you may get it.
i have put the e-mail address in my blocked senders list in outlook express,but it still gets through.
norton cannot fix it,i am at my wits end,really considering throwing computer in the bin.

BBez 20:21 18 Jan 2003

will try it,see what happens

Djohn 00:10 19 Jan 2003

denis93c, I'll bring this back up to the top for you, please don't let it worry you, someone in this forum will sort it for you. I assume it is also connected with your other thread about rude sites trying to contact you. Regards, J.

Djohn 00:12 19 Jan 2003

click here this is the link to denis93c's other problem. J.

jazzypop 00:13 19 Jan 2003

What is the name of the virus?

Which anti-virus software are you running?

Have you tried conatcting the person direct?

Have you tried contacting NTL and asking them to block that account?

geekygirl 00:26 19 Jan 2003

Try to find out the name of the virus, and do a search in any search engine. Your results should highlight the best way to get rid of the problem.

DieSse 00:42 19 Jan 2003

When you say Norton doesn't fix it - do you mean it does find it, but it can't fix it? - If so thats not especially unusual, some virus infected files can only be deleted, not cleaned.

Or do you mean Norton doesn't even find it - in which case how do you know you've got it?

Gaz 25 02:31 19 Jan 2003

click here

If you use this program to check your mail before downloading it into Outlook Express. And you can set it as a backlist.

PS to avoid anyone clikcing the e-mail you could have put

[email protected]+Virus/do/not/click

Gaz 25 02:32 19 Jan 2003

the,[email protected],com_virus

and use commas for the dots and it will not go.

denis93c 12:22 19 Jan 2003

the virus is the yaha32 or something like that,i went to nortons website to get the removal tool,but that does not stop the e-mails coming in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?