Virus

podlod 16:04 14 Nov 2007

Hi, I have managed to receive a virus through Mozilla Firefox, at least that is what my BIT DEFENDER says, problem now is how to remove it from my PC. It says it is Trojan.peed.gen and when the virus scan has finished it tells me that the disinfection failed and the move failed. Could you please tell me how I can remove this virus and with whom????

SANTOS7 16:11 14 Nov 2007

C:\Documents and Settings\home\Local Settings\Temp\

this is where this particular trojan sits you could try a manual delete but as far as i am aware if bit defender detects them you should be able to quarantine this trojan and delete from the prog itself...

Jak_1 16:15 14 Nov 2007

Sounds lik it has lodged it'self in System Restore files.
Try booting into safe mode, disable System Restore, run your antivirus and then see if that solves the problem. If all is well, re-enable System Restore and the re-boot as normal. You will however lose any restore points you have.
If that fails, go to the virus encyclopaedia of McAffe or Symantec and look at method of removal.

podlod 07:10 15 Nov 2007

Thanks for the both of you in coming back so quick. I am going to try your method first santos,but I am not very sharp on the PC so I know I can get to C:\documents and settings but how do I get to home etc, do I type it in the bar above and click go, if not how do I get to this destination?also bit defender says nothing about manual settings, I have also tried again to scan but it will not quarantine.

jak, I am not sure on how to do this as I have never done anything like this before, maybe you can explain in laymans terms please. thank you both for your help in this prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires