virus

swanny2 11:00 22 Jan 2007

Hi there.
Ileft me pc on last night while i was downloading something,an when i came too me pc today, there was a Message.on me Ntl anti virus ,,saying
Viirus found W32 Downloader AVWG
I have since done a Virus Scan an not infected Files where found? i dont understand this as it said a Virus was found earlier,Any help appreciated ,thanks.
Swanny.
:O)

Lee-262377 11:24 22 Jan 2007

Hi,
the easiest way to check i have found is to go to the trend housecall page and utilise their free system scan and virus removal (although this comes with a health warning as it does not remove some of the nastier virus')
You can find it by simply 'googling' trend housecall and following the onscreen instructions there.
Hope this helps

birdface 11:42 22 Jan 2007

Maybe it deleted it when it found it,Have a look in the virus vault see if they have put it in there, OOps sorry I use AVG ,it has a virus vault,I suppose that your Anti-Virus has one as well.

johndrew 14:25 22 Jan 2007

You may find these of help if you are having problems either confirming it or removing it:

click here
click here
click here

swanny2 20:45 22 Jan 2007

Cheers chaps but using Housecall .it wouldnt start,sayin error occured,so i cant use that .As for Ntl Vault i cant find 1. agh well me pc seems ok . since this morn. thanks anyway

bof:) 16:41 27 Jan 2007

if you Google W32 Downloader AVWG, it says its a Trojan. So download A-squared free version and run it after updating it.

click here

Mike

swanny2 10:41 28 Jan 2007

Thanks all

bof:) 18:39 28 Jan 2007

Hi swanny2, just out of interest, which program did you run to fix this problem. By letting us know, it will be helpful to anyone else with the same problem.

Thanks,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?