Virus

norwich 14:16 07 Oct 2005

I deleted two virures from my virus scan and now think i should have quaratined them but know i find everytime i start my pc these boxes appear and i have no idea how to deal with them, Please could someone help
The two viruses are as follows

1 Rundll Error loading c:/windows/systems32/msa64chk.dll. the specified module could not be found

2 ADRUI_KBFILTR The system module could not be found.

Thanks Terry

rawprawn 14:31 07 Oct 2005

Run a system file scan. Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (watch the space) you will need your XP disc.See if that helps.

Grantrh 14:32 07 Oct 2005

I don't know if this will work - but here is my best guess from the info given:

I am going to assume you have Windows XP.

Press start and then run and type msconfig into the box that comes up.

You should get another box come up called system confiuration utility and click on the startup tab (its on the right) and then hopefully the items you have said about will be listed, then you can uncheck those boxes and restart and hopefully this will help.

rawprawn 14:36 07 Oct 2005

If that doesn't work I suggest you post a Hijackthis log here click here and wait for an answer. It may be a while before an expert in the HJT logs can get to it.

norwich 14:33 08 Oct 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have run MSCONFIG and found 1 of the problems. Stopped that from starting up. Also did a search for the other problem and found I needed to put a patch in for the software it was for. All sorted out now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017