Virus!!

Mistydi 12:21 25 Apr 2004

PLEASE could someone help me! I unwittingly opened an MSN email which was not MSN and it contained a virus which I cannot get rid of. It has knocked out my Outlook Express mail address so I cannot open my mail. I get message error800CCC0D.Also it takes ages to log on to IE as windows breaks up into sections. Short of calling someone in at expence to help can any of you good people???

Mistydi

superhunk 12:53 25 Apr 2004

hi,
do you keep your ant virus upto date?

superhunk 12:55 25 Apr 2004

you could also try here
click here

:)

spuds 13:22 25 Apr 2004

Checking on the error code via google, it comes back as a Outlook Express configuration problem, so whatever as happened, it as messed up your OE set-up, as you have stated.

What does's your antivirus state. Doe's it suggest anything.

Mistydi 15:29 25 Apr 2004

Thank you for replying. I have Norton AntiVirus which has not told me anything! Maybe that has been knocked out too!

Mistydi

spuds 17:45 25 Apr 2004

Download Stinger from here click here and run a check. You can also check and download bitdefender click here and run a test. Some virus removal tools are available from this site.

Mistydi 19:14 25 Apr 2004

Norton anti virus tells me I have Adware Binet, Gator and Nease. Please could you tell me how to get rid of them?

Mistydi

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:16 25 Apr 2004

click here and download the free version of Adaware. Run it and delete all it finds.

G

VoG II 19:16 25 Apr 2004

Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

Download, update and run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?