virtualbox to actual hard drive

djbenny 11:13 22 Apr 2009

is this possible to put a virtual box image onto a hard drive if so, how?

DieSse 11:29 22 Apr 2009

"a virtual box image"

Can you explain more what you mean please. Virtual box will be residing on the hard drive - as everything has to at the end of the day.

djbenny 11:37 22 Apr 2009

i have virtualbox running in xp, i want to know if the image can be put on a cd or dvd and imaged to a hard drive to boot directly from the pc rather than as a guest OS

Graphicool1 11:40 22 Apr 2009

If this is what you're talking about, this might help you... click here

DieSse 11:41 22 Apr 2009

I still don't understand.

If you want to run the guest OS from bootup - then simply install it.

If you want to choose which OS to start at boot time - the you need a boot-menu.

Most Linux installs (for instance) will automatically install GRUB to allow you to choose which OS to boot into.

What's you guest OS?

DieSse 11:43 22 Apr 2009

If you want to make an install CD from a downloaded iso file - then there are many programs to do so. I personally use Ashampoo 2009 (a free download). Nero will also do it if you already have Nero.

djbenny 11:50 22 Apr 2009

no i have andriod running in the vm, it look hours to compile but cant make a bootable disc from it as i do not know how. so i was wondering if it could be put on another pc directly on the hard drive rather than as a guest OS

DieSse 12:00 22 Apr 2009

I suspect you'll have to compile it again in bootable form. There seems to be some help available if you google for it.

However, sorry - but that's out of my field.

DieSse 12:06 22 Apr 2009

Clearly it's not straightforward

click here

djbenny 12:43 22 Apr 2009

obvisously not :( thanks anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone