Virtual PC Does it affect my configuration?

Internetwhizzkid 18:07 28 Oct 2006

hi,
i have just decided to try out Microsoft Virtual pc 2004 and use it to install windows xp.
Like most people i am one of them that want to explorer my pc and not make a mess of it.
so i want to use virtual pc to play around on xp. now i am at the stage of parttitons my hard drive is 20gb. Now it says i can have partiton of 17gb but im gonna make it 10. Now if i was to make the partition will it change my hard drive and if i was to delete the virtual pc some time will i lose out on the 10gb and if so how do i get all off the hard drive space back

Thanks

Ben

Zeppelyn 22:09 28 Oct 2006

A 10gb partition should be ok for XP but why Virtual PC? If you only want to run XP with your existing OS then it would be easier to install it to the second partition. Virtual PC is really meant for multiple OS testing etc. Have tried it but personally prefer VMWare as its more versatile for Linux etc which I sometimes try out.

Personally I would get a second larger hard drive and fit as slave, pretty reasonably priced these days.

To answer your last question yes you can get the 10gb back but would need third party software such as Partition Magic or Acronis Disk director.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?