Virtual CD drives (Alcohol 52%)

Maughan67 21:27 13 Nov 2007

Hello.

I am trying to set up virtual drives on my PC. I have downloaded Alcohol 52% (a free download, but it looks pretty comprehensive).

I am now struggling with the ins and outs of the process. Can someone please describe the basics (yes - Mickey Mouse language please) of what a virtual CD programme is doing and how it is supposed to work?

I thought it would just entail copying the disc into a certain format on the hard drive, but it seems to be a lot more complicated, even through the medium of an interface like Alcohol 52%.

(I have tried Googling for an Alcohol 52% tutorial but have not found anything.)

Thank you in advance!

M

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 13 Nov 2007

load it up press F1 the manual is on the help section.

everything is done by wizards just follow the prompts.

Just insert the CD you want to make a virtual copy of an click the image wizard.

do this for any cd you want to have a virtual copy of.

Once you have your images then you have to mount one of them ito the virtual drive before you can use it like a normal CD.

mount and unmount is like putting a normal cd into the drive tray., only you are putting an image into a virtual drive on the HDD.

woodchip 22:07 13 Nov 2007

You load the Program then in the Program you can load CD's so they are on the Hard Drive instead of keep putting CD's in the drive you then use the program to start the Virtual CD's

Si_L 09:15 19 Nov 2007

Get this fortnights ComputerActive!

It has step-by-step guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires