Virginmedia Emails

ashburton 09:49 17 Oct 2007

Just had virginmedia broadband installed and after spending 3hrs on their premium rate phone line have managed to get internet access.(they gave me the wrong account no and PID!!)

However the only way I can access my emails is
by typing in webmail.ntlworld in the address field.
The quality of this is rubbish.
I can't acccess my emails via the Virgin home page or windows mail.

Any help in this matter would be apprecited as I refuse to spend any more money on their help(not)line.
thanks

davidprc 13:21 17 Oct 2007

I assume that you are talking about getting your emails via Outlook Express?

If so go to the Virgin Customer Zone and look for E mail. A very good guide will enable you to set up OE.

However using the webmail service is really good unless you have a number of emails per day to deal with.

ashburton 13:41 17 Oct 2007

thanks,
however I have tried that...even Virgin help line cannot get me direct access via the home page, and I have been advised to use the webmail.ntlworld address.

birdface 15:35 17 Oct 2007

At 25 Pence a minute,The mind boggles.Why did you not just cancel it.I would phone them back and tell them that you want a refund of your telephone calls as they gave you the wrong Account number and Pid!!!.If using IE7 Right click somewhere on the toolbar, Customize command bar.Add remove commands.And move the e-mail from the left box to the right box.

birdface 15:50 17 Oct 2007

Have you got Outlook express set up so that it works.New customers usually have a Virgin media E-mail Address why are they wanting you to sign in with NTLWorld Address.

birdface 15:53 17 Oct 2007

Have you got Outlook express set up so that it works.New customers usually have a Virgin media E-mail Address why are they wanting you to sign in with NtlWorld Address.

birdface 15:56 17 Oct 2007
  jim98 20:52 02 Jan 2008

Hi guys, pleased I found this thread. I've just got a new laptop(Vista Home Premium) and it's working fine wirelessly with my pc(Windows XP). However I cannot get my email to work on the laptop or Windows Mail as it's called. I have a pop3 account with Virgin (ex Telewest) and have followed the instruction for setting up a new account on the laptop. When I try send/receive it brings up the user name/password error screen. I can still receive emails ok on my pc. Would appreciate some help before I'm forced to use the horrendously expensive Virgin helpline.

Jim

namtas 21:53 02 Jan 2008

jim98 I am sure that the FE will move your request to a new thread from where someone will try to help you
with your problem.

p;3 23:32 02 Jan 2008

what happens when you DO click here?
click here

martjc 09:47 03 Jan 2008

...for ashburton.

Why not just use hotmail instead? Have you seen the silly note on Virgin's site? "Fed up with puny mailboxes?" It talks about five 30 MB boxes which Virgin gives - I'd call this puny, myself! Hotmail gives 5GB! Per box!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?