Virgin pop/smtp settings

MIKE. 20:15 12 Mar 2007

I have a friend of mine who was on NTL now virgin and is having trouble with his email settings could anyone let me know the pop and smtp settings for virgin. I have tried doing some research re the pop/smtp settings and seem to be geting two variations it is ether pop.virgin.net & smtp.virgin.net or mail.virgin.net for both pop/smtp. Could anyone inform me what is the correct settings help please.

birdface 20:18 12 Mar 2007

Smt 25. Pop 3 110.

birdface 20:20 12 Mar 2007

Try again. Smtp25-Pop3 110

VoG II 20:20 12 Mar 2007

The settings should be the same as they were with NTL. The change to Virgin Media has not affected existing NTL and blueyonder/Telewest customers regarding these settings.

MIKE. 20:23 12 Mar 2007

I think I did not give a full explanation, he has a virgin email address [email protected] will the NTL pop/smtp still work with his virgin email account.

VoG II 20:26 12 Mar 2007

Sorry I have to go but click here

lotvic 21:10 12 Mar 2007

Virgin Outlook Express settings
Index click here
check email settings click here

MIKE. 21:30 12 Mar 2007

many thanks for all your help to everyone

Alrac 22:48 30 Jun 2007

Since Virginmedia took over and I also have a new laptop with windows xp and a mac destop, I have been unable to download emails to either computer in any email programme. The pop and smtp addresses don't seem to be recognised, and I get a message saying I'm not connected. Or with mac it states the settings are wrong. I also have problems going on to secure sites yet I've ensured there is no firewall and all settings are correct. Any ideas??? Or is this a ploy to force one to sign up to broadband?

p;3 22:53 30 Jun 2007

with respect you would be far better to start your own fresh thread and there fore get e mail notificatiosn of replies and discuss your issues than to really hijack another's thread::))

Mike will now get a notification of THIS which is really NOT a reply to HIS /her problem either::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?