Virgin Media and the pack of Lies

theeagle 23:23 29 Sep 2008

I joined VirginMedia on 18th January 2008 because i was advised that they had taken over NTL and i needed to move over by a given date
i was offered a package of FREE evening and weekend calls and UP TO 8MB Broadband for £10 per month for 12 months
Since then trouble has been a pleasant word
after several phone calls i got connected(eventually) but only when i got my phone bill in april did i find out that my calls were still with bt and there were NO FREE CALLS
i rang cirgin at 25p per minute approx 45 minutes and told it would be sorted

i got my phone bill in July and guess what Still my calls were with bt and NO FREE CALLS
i rang virgin and was not very pleasant this time and was told that they were carrying out work until 29th july but it would be sorted out then
i checked my virgin bill today and it was £25.20
VERY MAD i rang virgin and was VERY UNPLEASANT and the first person told me there were £16 worth of calls i have never made that ammount of calls in one month in my life
i set the phone down and then rang again
this person told me that that was not the case but that my package was £18 per month and £7.2 of extraordinary charges for starting the free weekend calls
i told her that i would not be paying either the £18 nor the £7.20 but only the agreed £10 and if that did not suit she should cancel my package and i would stop all further payments to them including this one
eventually, after insisting that i speak to a manager i was put through to cancellations and after insisting that virgin would receive NO MORE money from me and they could not hold me to the 30 day cancellation rule as they had never given me the terms of the contract ( £10/ month for Broadband and free evening and weekend calls ) they agreed to drop my charges to £10 per month and try to set up my free evening calls.

I HOLD MY BREATH ON BOTH COUNTS

where do my rights lie

john eaglesham

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?