virgin media (ntl) internet install probs

kane_2001 18:07 06 May 2007

just got new acer laptop and trying to install my NTL/Virgin internet but everytime i go through setup the following appears. "driver for network card not installed" error 25. Have checked drivers and they are all latest version and running ok. the ntl/virgin disc will not go any further. any ideas? I am running vista home premium. cheers in advance

tammer 18:19 06 May 2007

Might not be the same for you but when I got Blueyonder installed I didn't bother running their installation software. I chucked away the CD and just plugged a cable into the ethernet socket in my laptop and I was up and running.

sidandlil 19:25 06 May 2007

I had probs with the blueyonder disk too. tammer is right, you dont need to use it.

mocha 20:14 06 May 2007

If your using an ethernet connection to your computer via your modem then what tammer and sidandlil say's is correct however if your using a usb connection to your computer then you will have to use the NTL/Virgin disc as this provides the driver's for the USB connection.

woodchip 20:15 06 May 2007

You should not need to use the CD. Go to Control Panel, Network Connection Wizard, Create a New Connection With your Log in Details. ISP, User, and Password

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?