Virgin Media

MaxUpload 17:23 13 Apr 2008

Hi,

My daughter is moving house next week and looking at the availability of broadband find that as well as the usual BT stuff there are "NTL" boxes on the wall.The postcode checker on the Virgin website tells me that all services are available at the address.

I've looked at the options with Virgin and for her budget the "Three for £30" - that is TV,2mb Broadband and Phone - looks about right!

Question :

What about wireless? I cannot see on the website that a wireless router can be supplied and since their sales lines are now closed would appreciate some advice on this before making a decision.

Thanks.

VoG II 17:35 13 Apr 2008

As far as I know Virgin don't supply wireless routers - see click here

I use a router similar to click here# - works fine.

sidecar sid 17:53 13 Apr 2008

Virgin do support wireless
click here
The supplied router is this one.
click here
For the medium package you have in mind they will charge you £40.00 for it.
The small print states that this fee is a service charge and the router remains the property of Virgin at all times,so you may feel you are better off buying yout own.

Conny 21:17 13 Apr 2008

My daughter bought the 614 from Currys for £49.99 and got a free USB Adapter with it. So for an extra £9.99 you get to keep it and can take it with you if you move. Also, it has a 3 year guaranttee. Well worth buying.

MaxUpload 12:40 14 Apr 2008

Virgin are coming on Friday to install it all and further to the advice from sidecar sid asked the Virgin sales team and what was said about ownership of the router is true - it remains Virgin's equipment.

So, a trip to Curry's this morning has left me £49.99 out of pocket after buying the same package as Conny's daughter.

Friday will be an interesting day!

Thanks everyone.

peter99co 12:44 14 Apr 2008

Take excess gear back to shop if unopened and ask for refund?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?