Virgin Internet and Netgear Router

superhoops 22:06 05 Jan 2009

Hi All
I have had Virgin internet for about 2 months and up to now all has gone pretty well. However the other day the internet stopped working yet I found by plugging the cable from the modem into the pc it worked ok.
I reset the router and reinstalled the software etc but still no wireless connection. After two 45 minute calls to India customer services the conclusion was that the router may have suddenly gone faulty (seems unlikely?).
This afternoon I received a replacement router. I ran the setup and it connected fine. Hurray. However I was then instructed by an on-screen message to remove the power cord of the router, wait 30 seconds and power up again. I did this and then it wouldn't connect again and still won't. Incidentally my laptop, that also wouldn't connect either with the original router does now connect with the new router but the desktop still won't. Any ideas? Thanks

brundle 16:59 07 Jan 2009

Make and model of router, connection method (USB/Ethernet)?

superhoops 22:10 07 Jan 2009

Hi. I was just about to reply when I realised that the wireless was mysteriously working again!I have done nothing to it since posting the other day so I have no idea why it has suddenly come to life. Thanks for replying. I will repost if it happens again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?