Virgin Broadband/Wireless

midian 10:34 21 Oct 2007

Our household has just changed from Orange to Virgin Broadband after being kicked off Orange because they said we were averaging over 100 gig a month (remember this is menat to be unlimited)The said they sent a warning letter asking us to keep it under 40 per month but we got no such letter. So we changed to Virgin, and whilst the swap over went ok, we now find that our speed can be anything from 5k to over 800 (8mb) and this makes the net very slow, so much so that it can take several goes at getting a page to come up.

As far as I know, no settings have been changed anywhere, just a straight swap, old drivers out new ones in etc. Can anyone explain why we have got dial-up speed on Broadband?

honeyrose 10:47 21 Oct 2007

I had/have similar problem. They have merged several different providers and I imagine they are having difficulty standardising the service to the new user base across a range of platforms and services. I suggest you give them a call. I did and they made some suggestions, none particularly helpful but they did tell me to phone back if they did not work and they would check it out fully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?