Virgin broadband with Belkin router

tcheu01 22:43 02 Dec 2007

Help! I have recently bought a Belkin router G+ MIMO F5D9230-4 model - I assume this is a cabel router and thought it should work with vigin cable. The installation disc said its successful but I still cannot connect to the internet via the router - the internet light on the router just flashes. I tried unplugging the virgin modem and unplugging the router and then replug but to no success. I use ethernet cable and have search through past forums but could find nothing.

Any one could throw some light on this would be greatly appreciated!!

mikesuther 11:59 05 Dec 2007

I am not sure of your paticular model but have a couple of questions. The router you have bought is it only a router or a modem router? if you are using a modem and a router modem then you will have a conflict. is there any port on the router to connect the router directly bypassing the odem?
I take it that the modem connects ok, so if you have a router only you connect the modem to the router using the crossover cable that came with the modem to the router and the cable that came with the router goes to computer. now goto internet explorer and type 192.168.0.1 this should be the home page.
the first screen asks for a password just press the enter button, a setup page will now appear, there should be a line going across the screen in either red or green. if it is red it will say no connection if it is green then the internet is up and working. The only thing you need to do is goto security tab on the left of the screen and setup an password encryption using either wap64 or wap128. Make a note of the password
when you save this you will now lose your internet conection. on the taskbar got the local network icon by the clock and double click then click on view networks in your area, when you see your click on it and type password you should now be logged on. Any other problems contact Belkin.

Kemistri 16:46 05 Dec 2007

From memory, the 9230 is the standalone version (sans modem). Should point out that the above IP is wrong; Belkins use 192.168.2.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?