Virgin Broadband

Earthworm 00:15 02 Apr 2006

Been Broadband for over 2 years, and for the last month my broadband does not work from about 8.00 am to 9.45 pm other than this time it works ok ( during the night) after four weeks talking to the customer service they recommend that i change to BT to rectify the problem as they and BT can not find a fault with the line / Broadband connection. and then change back to virgin once the problem is fixed. To me this is bad customer service and i really do not want to move from virgin.net as all my e-mail and other are set for virgin.net. any way forward outer than changing to BT?

flanagan 00:17 02 Apr 2006

If your Virgin broadband doesn't work for over half the day, why do you still want to stay with Virgin?

SANTOS7 00:24 02 Apr 2006

Been useing virgin for over a year, Faultless, free upgrade on the way up to 8meg if line permits, I don't see how changing ISP's will help if you do not know what the problem is, it maybe from another source which may interupt whatever ISP you're with...

rdave13 00:37 02 Apr 2006

You are paying for a service that you are not getting between 08.00 to 21.45hrs. Have you thought of contacting Trading standards or similar bodies as you don't wish to change ISP's?
It's not up to you to fix a product problem as you are the paying customer. Tell your ISP that you are going to report them for failing to supply you with the product you are paying for.

I'm with you there not wishing to move to another ISP so threaten them and carry out your threat and report them to trading standards. Also tell them about PCA forum where you've aired your views. Good luck.

Dipso 00:37 02 Apr 2006

Don't BT have a 12 month minimum contract term? Not just a case of swapping back when problems fixed in that case.

Agree with SANTOS7, I don't see how things would improve if you changed ISP, however, if you feel you have no alternative, go with an ISP with a 1 month contract then at least you are not tied in if things don't improve.

Also, if as SANTOS7 says you get a free upgrade it may be worth waiting to see if things improve after the upgrade.

I have a Virgin email account which I have continued to use despite not being with them since July 2003. You just need to change your sending (SMTP) server to your new ISP's.

Giggle n' Bits 00:46 02 Apr 2006

the ConsumerWatch Forum here. Just do a search for Wanadoo. I know your not with Wanadoo but this sounds like a similar problem.

did this problem start after the offer of a upgrade to 8MB and not yet been carried out. It maybe the case that the 8MB upgrade has happened and you haven't noticed the change becase your line may not take it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?