Views on HP deskjet 3325 or 3820

sarah-280539 14:22 14 Mar 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for reasonably priced printer for occasional use. I need it to print letters etc and I'd also like to be able to print the odd photo but nothing on a daily basis. I've seen these two printers on offer in Argos and wondered if anyone had an views. Ideally I'd prefer to buy the 3325 for £40 but I don't know if it will meet my needs (the 3820 is £70). Because I don't use a printer that often I thought I'd just replace the printer rather than cartridges when the originals run out. I'd appreciate any views. Thanks

Bagsey 14:55 14 Mar 2003

Hi Sarah. I have the 3822 and find it a good cheap printer. Not Brilliant but it does the business. I use non HP print ink carts and have had no trouble. It does a fair job on photo's as well. Your idea of buying a new cheap printer instead of ink carts sounds Ok but in practice the cartridges you get with a new printer are only about 30% full so you will replace your printer with monotenous regularity. The black ink provided in my 3822 lasted only just over 3 weeks and I am a fairly average user. I use high capacity non Hp cartridges at less the half price from the internet. They are fine.

DieSse 17:30 14 Mar 2003

Check out the HP 3420 - I've supplied several of these recently, and everyone has been very pleased with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?