Views on compatible ink?

ShorN 09:36 08 Mar 2003

I have a epson C70 and the time has come to replace my ink cartridges, (seperate red, yellow, and blue)
I was wondering what poeples views on compatible ink cartridges were??

I would ideally like to get originals but they are double the price, is it worth the extra money???

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments would be great??

Elrond 10:05 08 Mar 2003

I have had no problems with compatibles. From what I can remember its been in the news that some governing body have told the originals they are charging way over the mark.

ShorN 10:08 08 Mar 2003

I make my own dvd covers so i need to get a good quality print.

Does anyone see difference in quality??
can anyone recommend a manafacturer or supplier??

Staples have 20% off has anyone tried them?

zanwalk 10:34 08 Mar 2003

click here

Good quality ink, indistinguishable from original, excellent service including a phone line that is answered!

I think as with most things, you get what you pay for, and some compatables may not be as good as others, but there is no doubt that you can save money and have good quality printing by shopping around.

ShorN 11:30 08 Mar 2003

thanks for the replies, anyone else have some experience to share???!

Totally-braindead 11:35 08 Mar 2003

I deal with click here and use compatibles in my Epson 680 with no problems. I personally see no difference in the ink quality between these and Epson originals but no doubt some people can. I have found however that the type and quality of paper makes a huge difference as well as the setting for your printer. ( I also use choicestationerys paper by the way)

Effie 11:41 08 Mar 2003

I had an Epson 440 and using a comaptible ink cartridge, the jets seized up ( a known problem I understand in the Epson range!)I ended up buying an Epson C62 but once the original cartridges ran out,I tried the 'Choice' brand which came hightly recommended. Unfortunately, my machine didnt like them and stopped working (literally wouldnt recognise the cartridge mid way through printing a document!) so I would be very grateful if anyone out there have had a better experience than me with a C62 who could personally recommend another provider of ink for this model

timber 11:46 08 Mar 2003

have had no problems
try these people
click here

timber

ShorN 11:55 08 Mar 2003

again thanks for replies!
has any one tried staples own brand??

pj123 15:03 08 Mar 2003

I use compatible ink cartridges for all my printers. Epson 895, epson 880 and epson C40. I get them from either Choice Stationery at click here or ToneZone at click here Never had any problems with either of these companies.

Wilham 16:00 08 Mar 2003

HP originals partly contain pigments. I have searched but not yet found re-fill ink that uses colour pigments. It would be a good advert for any compatibles that did. In office work you may not see the difference, but on photo paper at 30p each A4 sheet it is clear, especially yellow. Cheap black's OK but has longer drying time. Black HP51645 (original) is 17-99 at 7dayshop + a pound per order. It has 42ml of ink,- note there are optional volumes wih some HP printers. The HP15 contains 25ml, and has identical outside dimensions to the HP51645 (now labelled just HP45). My best-buy colour is the HP C1823D, and the D is important. 23-99 at 7dayshop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?