viewing web site HELP

Boy Zone 12:19 01 Feb 2008
  Boy Zone 14:10 01 Feb 2008
  beynac 14:56 01 Feb 2008

Don't use the @ sign. This is a website not an email address.

The url is either w w w.btinternet.com/~yourloginname and/or w w w.yourloginname.btinternet.co.uk (spaces inserted to - hopefully - prevent a 'click here' being generated).

Boy Zone 16:27 01 Feb 2008

THanks for your input, but I still can't access my site.
I didn't call my first page "index" I called it "home", would this cause a problem?
What is the ~ sign used for?
I have tried w w w. btinternet.com~user name/home but still no joy.
I've tried to get help form BT but they are usless.

beynac 17:19 01 Feb 2008

I suggest that you rename the first page 'index.htm' (or 'index.html'). The info' I gave you came from the BT site. I believe that the ~ is needed. BTW In your example, you need a forward slash (/) between .com and ~username.

Boy Zone 21:34 01 Feb 2008

Thanks, I have seen the same BT web site, and done as per your instruction, but as soon has i do thist and enter, it seems to try and then goes to my BT home brower page, not my web site.
I entered www. btinternet.com/~username/index (with no space)
If i cant get this to work on BT what are my options.
What gets me i can see all my files on remote site????

Boy Zone 22:09 01 Feb 2008

Well at last I managed to access my web site on line. When I tested the site using Dreamweaver it worked fine, but when I tested it online, some pages worked but those with photos it was a complete failure, it didn't work on some pages, why????
Any advice?

mco 22:12 01 Feb 2008

your photos have uploaded?

Boy Zone 22:45 01 Feb 2008

Yes I can see the small photos. What I did was when you select a small photo it takes to to another page to show that photo enlarged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?